What do I need to do to participate?
Welcome! So you've taken the first step to starting autocross. Kudos! Check out the lists below to help you prepare for you first event to make it enjoyable and fun.
Items you'll need
- Drivers License. You must be 16 years old with a valid drivers license. Permits do not count. Please bring this to the trailer to check-in and pay for your registration.
- If you are under 18 years old you must have parental consent.
Morning tasks to complete
- Sign the Waiver: As soon as you arrive on site either at the gate or the trailer. This includes both drivers and spectators.
- Register : As soon as you arrive on site you'll want to go check in at the trailer. The people working registration will get you entered into the computer and help find out what class your car falls under.
- Tape : After you've registered and gotten your car Class and Number you'll want to label your car as such. Numbers should be at least 8" tall and letters should be at least 4" tall. Don't use blue tape on a blue car, white tape on a white car, etc. Make sure the numbers and letters are legible and don't make a 5 look like an S and vice versa. We have tape provided at the event either in the trailer or in Tech Inspection.
- Prepparing your car : You will need to remove the driver's side floor mat and remove all loose items in the car before heading over to Tech Inspection.
- Tech Inspection : Once you've registered and added your Number and Class to your car you'll want to bring your car over to the Tech Inspection area where they'll check for items such as wheel bearing, seat belts, gas pedal return, etc. You can view the full list here.
Novice Course Walk
Course is usually open for walking starting around 9:00 to 9:30 am but around 9:45 am we have the Novice Stewards walk the novices through the course giving them tips on taking the proper line and noting key cones to look for. It is highly recommended to attend the Novice Course Walk.